- Cup chopped cabbage
- Tsp Salt
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 1/3 Cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha or any chilli sauce
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Paste
- 1 Tsp Honey
- Slice the cabbage mix it with 1 tbsp sea salt, then set aside for 1 hour.
- For the kimchi paste blend the garlic, Ginger, chili sauce, red chili paste Honey and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Rinse the cabbage under cold running water, drain and dry thoroughly. Transfer to a bowl and toss through the paste, along with the carrot and spring onions.
- Put it in a air tight container and leave to ferment at room temperature overnight, then chill.